Today, and in the future, Robotics are becoming more and more common, from repetitive tasks to highly complex interactions with humans. This workshop is designed to introduce you to the various types of robots and ways they can increase productivity in industrial applications. Working with robotic systems
requires people with the technical skills to program, operate, and maintain them. Topics include the design of software that ensures safe operation and programming of both on- and off-line robot operations.
Notice: Per City guidelines, masking will be strongly recommended but not mandatory. Wearing a high-quality mask such as KN95 or N95 mask, or double masking, is strongly encouraged. It is important to wear a mask that is well-fitted. For information on proper masking, including how to double mask, please read this guidance from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/effective-masks.html.
- Introduction to industrial robotics
- Robotics and work place safety
- Familiarization with various robots
- Point-to-point and task programs
- Program editing
- Control overview
- Industrial applications
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of this workshop participants will:
- Explain the operation and design of various relays
- Identify and explain the design and function of various types of robotic systems
- Safely operate and maintain robotic systems
- Program various robotic systems
- Commission and teach robotic programs and positions
- Understand and define control instructions
- Utilize conditional statements
- Incorporate sensors and other applications with a robot application
Handouts provided by instructor.