Back End Software Developers are in charge of building applications that do the behind-the-scenes work. This typically involves receiving requests from a Front End application, processing the request, reading and writing to a database, and responding back to requests from other applications.
In this 18-week, Back End Software Development program, you will learn the skills and technologies necessary to enter the industry as a Back End Software Developer: Introduction to Java, Relational Databases with MySQL, and Web API Design with Spring Boot.
Skills and technologies learned will include Java 1.8, Algorithms, OOP, Design Patterns, Unit Testing, SQL, DDL, DML, Database Concepts, JDBC, Spring Boot, Spring Data, REST, JPA, JWT, AWS, and more.
Course Outline1. Introduction to Java
- How to navigate using CLI
- Git and GitHub
- Variables and data types
- Variable Operations
- Boolean logic
- Modularize code using methods
- Java documentation
- Strings and Strib Builders
- Java access modifiers
- Debugger and debugging skills
- Test Driven Development
- CRUD Operations and other commands
- Foreign keys
- Advanced queries
- Create and drop tables
- Normalize a dabase schema
- Database constraints
- Connect database from an application
- Build an application
- RESTful concepts
- Postman to send HTTP requests
- API documentation
- Spring Boot application
- CRUD applications
- Enable, configure, and use application logs
- Security concepts
- JSON Web Tokens
- AWS features
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of this workshop participants will be familiar with:
- Java 1.8,
- Design Patterns
- Unit Testing
- SQL, DDL, DML, Database Concepts
- JDBC, Spring Boot, Spring Data, REST, JPA, JWT, AWS, and more.
Instructional resources available in distance learning platform.