Now is the time to complete your high school diploma and prepare for the next stage of your life. The college is now offering courses covering all content areas (reading/writing, social studies, mathematics, and science) designed to support and accelerate your successful preparation for the high school equivalency exams.
This course is for students preparing to take the Mathematics and Science subtests on either the GED or HiSET examinations. This course focuses on algebraic and quantitative problem solving as well as the core science content necessary for success on the corresponding GED and HiSET subtests. This course will also provide test taking strategies unique to each subtest.
- Foundations of Algebra
- Understanding and Using Units of Measurement
- Graphic linear and quadratic equations
- Understanding and evaluating scientific evidence
- Core principles of the main areas of science as tested on the exams
- Test Taking Strategies for both the GED and the HiSET
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Students will be able to perform operations on whole numbers, fractions, mixed numbers, and decimals.
- Students will be able to identify and define measurements units including length, weight, time, and area.
- Students will be able to calculate perimeter, area, volume, surface area, mean, median, mode and probability.
- Students will be able to solve and graph linear and quadratic equations.
- Students will learn to understand and evaluate scientific evidence provided in both text and graphics.
- Students will be able to draw conclusions and generalizations and identify cause and effect from scientific texts and graphics.
- Students will be able to understand and apply core principles in the life sciences, physical sciences and earth and space sciences.
Steck-Vaughn GED Textbooks