MANG D0009 - Establishing Inclusive Hiring
Prepare participants on search committees or hiring teams by educating them about the integral role they play in diversifying their workforce. Diversity without inclusion is a short-sighted strategy and will not help build a sustainable, diverse workforce. This workshop helps employers illustrate the importance and benefits of inclusive hiring to attract diverse candidates. Learn where to post job ads to attract diverse candidates. Most importantly, uncover techniques on how to make inclusion a part of the workplace cultural dialogue. This workshop will provide key approaches, strategies, activities, and data to foster optimum participant engagement.
Notice: Per City guidelines, masking will be strongly recommended but not mandatory. Wearing a high-quality mask such as KN95 or N95 mask, or double masking, is strongly encouraged. It is important to wear a mask that is well-fitted. For information on proper masking, including how to double mask, please read this guidance from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/effective-masks.html.
Course Outline1. What is Inclusive Hiring and why should I do it?
2. Establishing an effective Search Method
3. De-stigmatizing Diversity Dialogue
4. Importance of Diversity Training
5. Achieving Inclusion at the Workplace
6. Challenges: Name Bias
7. Where to post Job Ads to Attract Diverse Candidates
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be familiar with:
1. Defining Inclusive Hiring
2. Benefits associated with Inclusive Hiring.
3. Making inclusion a part of the workplace cultural dialogue.
4. Identifying and overcome personal biases that can impede inclusive hiring
Handouts provided by instructor.