Course DescriptionPrepare participants on search committees or hiring teams by educating them about the integral
role they play in diversifying their workforce. Diversity without inclusion is a short-sighted
strategy and will not help build a sustainable, diverse workforce. This workshop helps employers
illustrate the importance and benefits of inclusive hiring to attract diverse candidates. Learn
where to post job ads to attract diverse candidates. Most importantly, uncover techniques on how
to make inclusion a part of the workplace cultural dialogue. This workshop will provide key
approaches, strategies, activities, and data to foster optimum participant engagement.
Course Outline1. What is Inclusive Hiring and why should I do it?
2. Establishing an effective Search Method
3. De-stigmatizing Diversity Dialogue
4. Importance of Diversity Training
5. Achieving Inclusion at the Workplace
6. Challenges: Name Bias
7. Where to post Job Ads to Attract Diverse Candidates
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be familiar with:
1. Defining Inclusive Hiring
2. Benefits associated with Inclusive Hiring.
3. Making inclusion a part of the workplace cultural dialogue.
4. Identifying and overcome personal biases that can impede inclusive hiring
Handouts provided by instructor.