Making a career move or seeking knowledge about physical upkeep? Become a certified personal trainer. This challenging five-week class enhances retention and skill competency in preparation for the National Exam held on the sixth week. Fifteen lecture hours cover anatomy, exercise physiology, nutrition, health screening and more, while 15 additional hours of "hands-on" practical training prepare you to work one-on-one with clients. Look forward to networking with potential employers as you complete the necessary levels of certification.
Required Textbook: Purchase your textbook prior to the first day of class by contacting W.I.T.S. at 1-888-330-9487 or witseducation.com, or you may order the text: Fitness Professional's Handbook, 7th Edition with web resources (ISBN-13: 9781492523376) online at Amazon.com
Course OutlineCourse Outline:
i. Exercise physiology, anatomy.
ii. Anatomy, kinesiology.
iii. Nutrition, health screening, testing, cardio respiratory fitness.
iv. Flexibility, strength and endurance, special populations.
v. Adherence, motivation, musculoskeletal injuries, legal guidelines.
i. Medical history and screening.
ii. Interview techniques and goal setting.
iii. Fitness testing protocols.
iv. Exercise prescription, equipment use.
v. Resistance training techniques, program design.
Learner OutcomesCourse Objective(s):
Upon successful completion of this workshop students will be able to:
1. Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
2. Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
3. Design and customize exercise programs.
4. Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises.
5. Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
6. Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
Handouts provided by the instructor.