The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Enhanced Emissions Inspector Certification class is open to individuals without prior emissions certification or technical training. The program includes theory; on board diagnostics II and a computer-based test. Successful completion of the program and test qualifies the individual to inspect and pass/fail a vehicle for emissions certification.
After registering for this class online or in person, students must do the following:
- Complete this FERPA form and provide a photocopy of your state driver's license.
- Email or fax the completed form and copy of your driver's license to Jeff Beachley at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 215-516-3733. These 2 items are needed in order for you to obtain your training materials/test cycle via www.patrainingportal.com
- If we do not receive your information at least one week before the start of class, you will be dropped and refunded.
- IN ADDITION to registering with CCP for this class, PennDOT requires that you register online at www.patrainingportal.com and download the training manual. PennDOT charges an additional $39.99 fee which includes the online training manual, testing cycle, certificate, and ID cards.
- You will be notified by Jeff Beachley via email when you can complete this final step. Then you can access the Pa Training Portal and create your PennDOT account. Typically, 24-48 hours after we receive your FERPA form and copy of driver's license.
Notice: Per City guidelines, masking will be strongly recommended but not mandatory. Wearing a high-quality mask such as KN95 or N95 mask, or double masking, is strongly encouraged. It is important to wear a mask that is well-fitted. For information on proper masking, including how to double mask, please read this guidance from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/effective-masks.html.