MANG B9631 - Foundations of Coaching
Professional coaching is much more than a management strategy. Professional coaching involves using a specific set of skills to bring out the best in people. In this workshop you will explore various coaching skills, operating assumptions, and practices. You will learn how to set the structure for coaching, establish expectations and goals, and measure results. You will use real world case studies and practice coaching techniques.
Notice: Per City guidelines, masking will be strongly recommended but not mandatory. Wearing a high-quality mask such as KN95 or N95 mask, or double masking, is strongly encouraged. It is important to wear a mask that is well-fitted. For information on proper masking, including how to double mask, please read this guidance from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/effective-masks.html.
- History and Trends in Professional Coaching
- Coaching Competencies
- Structuring the Coaching Relationship
- Coaching Models
- Client Strategies
Upon completion of this workshop the participants will have an understanding of the basic concepts in coaching including:
- History and trends in professional coaching
- Competencies required to become a professional coach
- How to set the tone of the coaching relationship
- Powerful coaching models that focus on the “what” and “how” of coaching
- Differences between giving advice and helping a client discover his/her motivation for change
- Techniques to help a client gain insight into creating a successful future
Handouts provided by the instructor.